The Jury is composed of ten members, as follows:
- Prof. Elizabeth H. Blackburn, President of the Salk Institute La Jolla, USA, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2009, President of the Jury
- Prof. Peter C. Agre, University Professor and Director of the Malaria Research Institute, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA, Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2003, Vice-President of the Jury
- Prof. Pascale Cossart, Secrétaire Perpétuel of "French Academy of Sciences, Head of Bacteria-Cell Interactions Research Unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France.
- Prof. Alain Fischer, Director of the Pediatric Immunology Unit (Inserm), Hôpital Necker-Enfants malades, Professor at the Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
- Prof. Jörg H. Hacker, President of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina National Academy of Sciences, Halle, Germany
- Prof. Jules A. Hoffmann, Distinguished Class Research Director at CNRS (Emeritus), Professor at Strasbourg University, France, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2011
- Dr Gary J. Nabel, Senior Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer and Deputy to the President of Global R&D Sanofi, Cambridge, USA
- Prof. Staffan Normark, Professor of Medical Microbiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden, Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Jeffrey V. Ravetch, Professor and Head of the Leonard Wagner Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Immunology at the Rockefeller University, New York, USA
- Prof. Philippe Sansonetti, member of the French Academy of Sciences, Professor at the Collège de France, Head of the Molecular Microbial Pathogenesis Unit, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
The Jury members are not paid; their participation is voluntary.
The Jury will meet in October 2017 at Institut Pasteur to evaluate the applications. The Jury is sovereign in its decision; no one can dispute it and it does not need to be justified. All the discussions during the Jury’s meeting must remain confidential.
The Jury has the right to award fewer than four Awards if it deems that there are insufficient suitable applications. In this case, the amount of the Awards, such as specified above, remain unchanged.
Jury members are to abstain from voting for a scientist belonging to the same organization as the said jury member.